Introduction to privacy
The mission of CRM Trucks and Trailers BV. is to provide the transport sector with one central point of contact for means of transport and all related services. The CRM Family concept includes the purchase and sale of new and used road transport, leasing solutions and financial services, as well as after-sales services in the broadest sense of the word and in the best possible way.
In the effort to support our thousands of customers as efficiently as possible, we need to collect data. We do this with your privacy as our top priority, and by putting you in control of your data while still providing you with all the information about our products and services that you may be interested in. We believe in the power of the Internet and e-commerce, and strive to keep the Internet as valuable as possible for all users. That is why we adhere to the following principles to ensure your privacy:
• Control: we give you sensible choices about the data we keep, and will support you at all times in changing your preferences
• Upon request: we will provide you with the data we hold for you within two working days
• Security: we will protect your data
• Sensible Information: We use your data to minimize the amount of irrelevant information you receive.
Throughout this statement, "CRM" should be read as CRM Trucks and Trailers BV, including its associated companies and subsidiaries. The unit of CRM responsible for your personal information (and the controller within the meaning of data protection law) is that part of CRM Trucks and Trailers BV. that initially collects information from or about you.
Purpose and legal basis
CRM processes personal data in a way that guarantees a high level of protection. There is a purpose and a legal basis for every processing of data. Because we want to make sure your data is safe with us, we only keep data that improves your experience with CRM. In this way we want to ensure that you can make optimal use of our products and services. In the majority of all cases, the processing of data will be based on the following legal bases:
• Processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into an agreement (for example, when you ask us for a quote for a truck)
• The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (for example, where we need to collect certain information about our customers for tax or administrative purposes)
• De verwerking is in ons gerechtvaardigde commerciële belang, met inachtneming van uw belangen en fundamentele rechten (bijvoorbeeld waar we door onze klanten verstrekte persoonlijke informatie gebruiken om onze diensten te verlenen en die verwerking niet nodig is met betrekking tot een overeenkomst waarbij u partij bent).
How long we keep your personal information depends on the purpose for which it was obtained and the nature of the information. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the purposes, unless a longer retention period is permitted by law. For example, we must keep financial data for 7 years.
We take appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access and unwanted changes to your data. In this way we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is secured and that security measures are taken. In addition, all our employees are trained to keep your personal data private and secure.
Disclosure of personal data
Within CRM Trucks and Trailers BV.
We may share your personal information with other entities within CRM to serve you and provide you with the best experience with CRM.
We do not rent or sell personal information about our online visitors or otherwise disclose it to unrelated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the circumstances set out below.
Authorized service providers
We may disclose your information to service providers we have engaged (as processors) to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually bound to use or disclose the information only as necessary to provide services on our behalf or to comply with legal obligations.
Your data protection rights
You have various rights when it comes to data protection. First of all, you have the right to request access to your personal data. You also have the right to request CRM to correct or delete your personal data or to restrict its processing. You can also object to the processing of your personal data by CRM or requests for data portability. Please note, however, that CRM may not always be required to comply with a request for deletion, restriction, objection or data portability. The legal obligations of BAS and the exceptions to such rights will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to exercise (one of) the above rights, please contact the data protection officer.
E-mail data protection officer (the Netherlands): email@example.com